Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Force
    • Jan 2009

Reputation System Questions Help Please

Thanks to whoever can answer my couple of questions.

A. Currently my forum in the postbit shows
    Rep: 1
    []

I would like it to show instead of the 1 (rep power), to show the amount of rep a person has recieved. Like with every +rep, that number goes up.

B. How would I make the number of pips goes up when a person has reached...say 50 rep or so? So when a user has 50 rep they get 2 pips, 200 3 pips, and so forth.

C. How do I restrict specific forum sections to be viewed at a certain amount of rep? For instance, I have a section that contains downloads and useful information, how would I make it so that when people under 30 rep click on it they get the Message of "You do not have enough reputation. You need a minimum of 30 rep to view this section." and those who have 30 rep can view the section fine.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

For A & B, you would need to modify the code. vBulletin doesn't support the changes you want to make by default. You can check www.vbulletin.org to see if such changes exist already or if you're knowledgeable in PHP then to request help with them.

For C, you can use usergroup promotions to add a secondary usergroup for the user and give them access to the forums. See:
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...