Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pri]M[aL
    • Apr 2005

Disable Community and Blogs links on the navbar

Hello. I wish to disable the new vBulletin features; the 'community' and the 'blogs' dropdown menus located at the navbar.

Just to make sure, I don't want to simply remove the links from the navbar. I want these features deactivated.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can disable all menus:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus?

Or you can edit the templates to remove the popups:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -> navbar

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Blog Templates -> blog_navbar_link

Comment

• Pri]M[aL
      • Apr 2005

Edit: Nevermind, I had to enable the popup menus, otherwise it would screw the other templates.

Which code must I remove to remove the whole Links dropdown menu, located at the navbar?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I don't have exact code for you. This requires some HTML ability.

Comment

• Gabrielt
          • Apr 2007
          • 3.6.x

Hello,

You have to delete this part:

Code:
            <if condition="$show['communitylink'] AND $show['popups']">
             <td class="vbmenu_control"><a id="community" href="$show[nojs_link]#community" rel="nofollow" accesskey="6">$vbphrase[community]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("community"); </script></td>
            <else />
             <if condition="$show['memberslist']">
              <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="memberlist.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[members_list]</a></td>
             </if>
             <if condition="$show['quick_links_groups']">
              <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="group.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[social_groups]</a></td>
             </if>
            </if>
          By the way: to the vBulletin team. Since this part has a condition "if condition="$show['communitylink']", I think you guys could put a way to enable/disable it on the options, instead of making us to delete part of the template...

Thanks,
          Gabriel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...