• Show
Clear All
  • Bounce
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.x

Skype Image

In the postbit, skype images do not show

Example .. url from properties is

http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/username ...

Is there a setting to turn on/off or is it summit else
    Last edited by Bounce; Thu 22 Jan '09, 12:28pm. Reason: typo
  • Bounce
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.x

Use SkypeWeb Graphics
    If set to 'Yes', load Skype™ icon from the SkypeWeb server in order to show users' online status, otherwise use local (static) graphic.

If set to 'Language Specific', graphics in the language being used by the visiting user will be loaded.

If the 'Language Specific' option does not work, switch it off and try again in a few weeks.
    I had it set to "Yes" and got that image error, turning it off or setting to "NO" it shows the image no problem

Is this a skype error or vbulletin ?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

The first couple paragraphs in the help pop-up for that option:

Use SkypeWeb Graphics This is a three-way setting. Setting No will cause the Skype™ icon (used in the im_skype template) to be loaded from the local webserver. This can be useful as the SkypeWeb server has proven to be a little flakey at present.

If set to Yes, the icon will be loaded from the SkypeWeb server and will show the Skype™ online-status of the user in question.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Bounce
        • Feb 2005
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Lynne
        The first couple paragraphs in the help pop-up for that option:
        Note to self: Use help pop-up more

Thanks Lynne, me thinks I shall leave it off

Comment

• rangy
          • Feb 2009

What if any is the advantage of using the skypeweb graphic? Does it slow down the board if multiple users have the graphic loaded?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by rangy
            What if any is the advantage of using the skypeweb graphic? Does it slow down the board if multiple users have the graphic loaded?
            It says in the help - it will show the Skype™ online-status of the user.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Delilahs
              • May 2009
              • 3.8.x

Where is this skype template, I have the latest version (3.84) and can't find it anywhere.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

There is no skype template. In the first post, you'll see he says "In the postbit, skype images do not show"... he's talking about the postbit template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...