X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cjddrum1
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.6.x

site slow since updating

I updated to 3.7.5 and my site has been running sluggish. I contacted the host and they said it is a vbulletin problem. I've disabled all scripts that I think would affect it but its still sluggish. any ideas?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Are you on a shared server? Performance on shared servers is usually unreliable because of the other sites on the same server.

Here are some intensive features you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

But if you are on a shared server then they will probably just tell you to upgrade to a better server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...