Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyberhostpro
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.7.x

Hi

I have moved VB from one server to another.

Now when i visit my forum i get Unable to add cookies, header already sent.

both servers run PHP 5.2.8 and I have copied the exact configuration, I have also copied the php.ini file from the old server to the new.

the error:

File: /home/forums/public_html/forums.cyberhostpro.com/includes/config.php
    Line: 1

Line 1 has no spaces, I did submit a ticket to VBsupport I had once response, I replied, but not heard from them in 23 hours.
    I also disabled any addons by adding the line define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    here is line 1 & 2 of my config.php
    <?php
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    Does anyone know what maybe causing this?
  • cyberhostpro
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.7.x

note I was on MySQL4 not MySQL5

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

This error means you have a blank line or space at the beginning of your config.php file, or your text editor did not save this file correctly. If you do not see a blank space or line, then try a different text editor. Make sure you save it in text format and upload in in ASCII format.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cyberhostpro
        • Oct 2008
        • 3.7.x

hi

I have done this already I have also edited config.php.new from the latest download and started from scratch with the same issue.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I guarantee that what I posted is the cause of this problem. Try again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cyberhostpro
            • Oct 2008
            • 3.7.x

hi

if i update my ticket with FTP details you can see this yourself. I cant see any problems myself, you know the software best so I can assume your right, but i honestly cant see any problems.

Comment

• diecastfast
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              I guarantee that what I posted is the cause of this problem. Try again.
              Steve was right. I was using Notepad and updating via FTP, which didn't work. What worked was using nano via SSH. When I backed line 2 up to <?php then hit enter to drop it back down to line 2, saved it and success!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...