X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saf-t scissors
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Quick usergroup permissions question

Say I have a secondary usergroup whose only job is to allow one permission... uploading images, or accessing a certain forum.

How should I set the profile photos (image px, file size), signature character limits, max stored PMs, etc so that they don't interfere with the primary usergroup? Setting them to zero in some cases makes them unlimited, which sounds like it would override the primary permission. -1 then?

I understand the yes/no permissions... little fuzzy on the field permissions, though.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

When multiple usergroups are involved the larger quota take precedence, providing the primary group has 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' set to 'Yes'. Otherwise the secondary settings are not applicable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• saf-t scissors
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Okay. So if I set it to a small number, 1 or 10, the primary usergroup will likely override it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The larger number takes precedence as per what I posted.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...