Phrase table has crashed and cannot be repaired.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcjd
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.8.x

Phrase table has crashed and cannot be repaired.

I had my host upgrade the server last night to the recommended MySQL and PHP per the suggestion for improved performance...but am not getting a lot of db errors and I think they all stem from the crashed phrase table. I tried in PHPMyAdmin to repair it several times and through AdminCP to no avail. Should I drop the table and recreate it. What would be the settings for this? Would I just reimport the language after this? Thanks!

Table Op Msg_type Msg_text politics_discussion.phrase repair Error Table './politics_discussion/phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired politics_discussion.phrase repair Error Table 'phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired politics_discussion.phrase repair status Table is already up to date
    Marc

U.S. Politics Online
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

If you have shell access to the server then try logging into the mysql prompt with this command:

Code:
    mysql -u[color=red]username[/color] -p[color=red]password[/color] [color=red]databasename[/color]
    Then run this command at the mysql prompt:

Code:
    REPAIR TABLE phrase;
    If the repair fails then often the mysql prompt will give additional error messages / error codes that can indicate what is wrong. For example, maybe your mysql partition is full or there is a problem with the file permissions. The error codes will usually indicate stuff like that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...