X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Vegan Forum
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

Error while merging tags

When I merge two tags, I both get a message saying "Tags Edited Successfully" and a warning saying...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/adminfuncitons.php:280 in [path]/admincp/thread.php on line 445

The warning message disappears very quickly, so I had to take a screen dump to actually figure out what it said...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    The Vegan Forum
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Errors such as this are usually caused by editing files, corrupt files or addons. Please follow these steps to diagnose the issue.

Please follow these instructions:

1 - Re-upload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). These files include all files with the extensions of PHP, JS and CSS. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

2 - If that didn't solve the problem, then please disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Now check again. If you still have the same problem please let me know.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

Thanks - I'm re-uploading files now, and discover that the No Images-package in the Members area also includes a number of image files (which I just uploaded in ASCII mode)... is that a problem?
      The Vegan Forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No, that is not a problem.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.1.x

Thanks... In another troubleshooting situation a while ago, I was advised to go to http://www.example.com/forum/install/upgrade.php and redo the upgrading procedure after having re-uploaded files in ASCII mode, which I already tried before I got a response to this thread (but only after having re-uploaded the two files that were mentioned in the error message. Any comments?
          The Vegan Forum

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.1.x

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]
            I don't understand... just remove the files? And then....? I guess the system won't function if I just some remove files?
            The Vegan Forum

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Do not remove any files with vbulletin in the name. You can copy others to a backup folder and then copy them back after testing.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.1.x

I've tried all the suggestions now - and the problem is still there... I can recreate it simply by creating two new tags and then try to merge them.

A also had another error message earlier ('fatal error) when trying to move some posts from one thread to another... the error was that the execution time was more than 30 seconds, and the thread now seem corrupted.
                The Vegan Forum

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Do not remove any files with vbulletin in the name. You can copy others to a backup folder and then copy them back after testing.
                  When I removed two XML files which did not have vbulletin in their name, I got a message that they were missing (in the Diagnosis panel). These files (called cpnav_ads.xml and js_safe_phrases.xml) were therefore put back in the XML folder again.
                  The Vegan Forum

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    No, that is not a problem.
                    It would be nice to have an downloading a 3.8 version with images only. I'm having some distorted images in the admin panel now...
                    The Vegan Forum

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Dec 2000

It's been reported http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=27113 and fixed already. There is a patch attached too.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• The Vegan Forum
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 4.1.x

Thanks... what do I do with the attached patch after having downloaded it?
                        The Vegan Forum

Comment

• droid101
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by The Vegan Forum
                          Thanks... what do I do with the attached patch after having downloaded it?
                          Ditto. I've never had to apply a patch such as this to my forum before.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

The patch files shows which lines numbers to remove (pink) and which lines to add (green.)
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...