Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrashdownGurl
    • Mar 2002

Users Online Possible Issue?

Usually I have about 500 people on the boards, however this morning I noticed there were 1235 users on. About 700 of these guests are all looking at the Printable Version of a thread from 2004. I checked my analytics software to see if someone was coming in on links to this post as well, and there is no evidence of that.

Is this something to be concerned by?

Thanks for your time,

Emma
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Probably not. Sounds like typical search engine robot behavior.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CrashdownGurl
      • Mar 2002

To follow this up, I received thousands of Vbulletin error emails yesterday and today saying:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_pconnect() [<a href='function.mysql-pconnect'>function.mysql-pconnect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Thanks for your help.

Emma

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...