X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric Noa
    • Mar 2008

Attachment Issues

Hello,

Since upgrading from vB 3.7.5 to 3.8.0 When I upload images and hit the preview button to preview the thread and the images before the images would come up now it only shows the name on the images. It only shows the actual image once you hit the post thread button.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Where exactly are they not showing? Inside of the editor? In that case you probably want the enhanced editor (aka WYSIWYG).

That is a user preference:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface

You can set the default for new registrations in your:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

You can mass update the preferences of exsiting users in your:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

There is a menu with predefined queries. You must have permission to execute queries in your includes/config.php file:

Code:
    	//	****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    	//	The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    	//	See the above entries for more information on the format.
    	//	Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    	//	to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '';

Comment

• Eric Noa
      • Mar 2008

I have it setup for the enhanced editor. You know when you hit "PREVIEW POST" and it shows you post in the top without actually posting it. Before it use to do that and If I had uploaded images it would also preview them now it only shows the name of the images I doesn't show the image...

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I don't get that behavior on this forum. I have never encountered that problem before.

Maybe this:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Show Images

Or maybe it's a customization. Try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

• Eric Noa
          • Mar 2008

Still have not been able to solve this problem, Here is a picture of what Im talking about. Before the upgrade to 3.8.0 where the name of the images appears the actual image was there.

Click The Link To See The Picture. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0/Picture2.png

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

I have confirmed this. On 3.7 the previewed attachments show inline. On 3.8 they do not. I don't see any option to change this. This appears to be the normal behavior for 3.8.

Comment

• Eric Noa
              • Mar 2008

I have been in other forum with 3.8 and they dont have this problem, and they dont have any mod for this either.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

I looked over all of the settings and I couldn't find any option to change this behavior. Maybe I am missing something. If no one else here is able to help then maybe the people on www.vbulletin.org will have some ideas.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...