Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Covert-OPs_
    • Jun 2008

Private Social Group not Private?

I was under the impression that 3.8 was going to give us a way to make a social group completely private so that no user that was not invited to it could see it? I tried to change one of our social groups and everyone can still see it. I tried both invite only and moderate and neither made it private.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

They are still visible in the list of social groups but you can set it so that a person has to join to see the content.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Covert-OPs_
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      They are still visible in the list of social groups but you can set it so that a person has to join to see the content.
      Where would we do this?

Comment

• Covert-OPs_
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Covert-OPs_
        Where would we do this?
        Well something is wrong because I tried making the group invite and moderated and both times users can see the group AND the discussions. I also went into the admin panel to check if that group could see all groups despite them being invite only and it is set to no. What could be going wrong here?

Comment

• Covert-OPs_
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Covert-OPs_
          Well something is wrong because I tried making the group invite and moderated and both times users can see the group AND the discussions. I also went into the admin panel to check if that group could see all groups despite them being invite only and it is set to no. What could be going wrong here?
          Never mind I figured it out. You have to go into vboptions and enable the ability to make the group private.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...