Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArashB
    • Feb 2006

Seven questions regarding managing vbulletin

1- how can I stop people from deleting their posts?

2- how can I quickly review and approve people who have requested to join the forum, I use phpmyadmin to do so

3- When people click on "go to the latest post" they are taken to the middle pages of the thread (I've changed my hosts so many times recently) how can I fix that?

4- there used to be a .httaccess file that used to make pages load faster, I remember it was awarded as mod of the month, however I can't find it where is that?

5- How can I force people to enter tags?

6- Some of moderators can't copy or move threads to other forums, where can I allow all moderators to move/copy threads to other forums?

7- Is there anyway to export all posts of a thread to a wordpress blog as individual posts?
  • ArashB
    • Feb 2006

you don't have two answer all 7 of them people, answer any of them, should I ask my questions in separate threads?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

1. This is a usergroup setting:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Delete Own Posts

2. Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes

Then:

Admin CP -> Moderation -> Moderate Users

3. This is working as designed. They go to the newest post for them.

4. Sorry, I have never heard of this.

5. Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Require Threads to have a Prefix -> Yes

6. They have to be Moderators of both forums to do this and have this permissions set:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Can Manage Threads -> Yes

7. There is no official exporter for vB.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ArashB
        4- there used to be a .httaccess file that used to make pages load faster, I remember it was awarded as mod of the month, however I can't find it where is that?
        As I remember,there is a mod which makes those page loads "seems" faster.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• ArashB
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          6. They have to be Moderators of both forums to do this and have this permissions set:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Can Manage Threads -> Yes
          Why is it like that? I have different forums and they have separate moderators, I want them to be able to move stuff to other forums when irrelevant stuff are posted.
          Is there anyway to do that?

Comment

• Sully90
            • Aug 2008
            • 3.8.x

It's all based on Usergroup Permissions. You can asign a single Moderator to a single forum, or assign a Global Moderator to all forums. You may also need to edit Access Masks per each individual moderator to exclude or include certain moderator abilities.

Generally, moderators will already have the ability to move threads.

Comment

• ArashB
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jacob B
              It's all based on Usergroup Permissions. You can asign a single Moderator to a single forum, or assign a Global Moderator to all forums. You may also need to edit Access Masks per each individual moderator to exclude or include certain moderator abilities.

Generally, moderators will already have the ability to move threads.
              I prefer to allow all moderators move threads and posts to any other forum/thread, is it possible? how?

Comment

• Sully90
                • Aug 2008
                • 3.8.x

Yes. As has already been explained in post #3 by Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...