• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReQueM
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.7.x

Ajax Quick Edit/Reply Not Worked

Hi.
    Ajax quick edit and ajax quick reply not worked.
    See attached image for error warning (quick edit)
    version 3.8.0rc2
    Attached Files
    ReQueM back!!!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Create a new style with no parent - Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style > no parent - then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

If it is still happening, then try disabling your plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Elmer
      • Jul 2002

I'm having this same problem, the same warning, but also the link to Edit Tags doesn't work because is ajax too.

I have enabled ajax features..
      I did tray disabling the plugin system, also creating a new style without parent, but didn't work...
      I doblecheked to see if there were any template modified within the style I was using, I have also uploaded all files in ascii mode..

I don't know what else to try :O

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Please try using the default templates, and language, as well as have all of your plugins disabled and see then if the same problem exsists.

Comment

• man1c
          • Apr 2005
          • 3.8.x

I'm having the same problem.

I have disabled all plugins and used default templates and language, but the problem still persists.

Comment

• Bounce
            • Feb 2005
            • 4.2.x

With mine you click save and its keeps going and going and going,you need to go advanced to save your post, only happened when I upgraded to RC2
            Last edited by Bounce; Sat 20 Dec '08, 1:16pm. Reason: Re-read thread and may be slightly different way the error is occuring

Comment

• Elmer
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Zachery
              Please try using the default templates, and language, as well as have all of your plugins disabled and see then if the same problem exsists.
              I did what you said, but without look. As Bounce says, when clicking the save button just keep going and going.. the same happen when making a quick reply or editing tags.

This just happen when upgrading,however I did a test in a clean install and that doesn't happen.. its weird..

Comment

• Bounce
                • Feb 2005
                • 4.2.x

Further to this (it may be a seperate issue) sometimes I get the forum code when editing a thread

HTML Code:
                73347 -->]]></postbit>
                HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:03:11 GMT
                Server: Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8
                X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6
                Cache-Control: private
                Pragma: private
                X-UA-Compatible: IE=7
                Connection: close
                Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
                etc etc etc

Comment

• cygy2k
                  • May 2006
                  • 3.5.x

I too am getting this - it doesn't happen all the time, just randomly.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Is this only happening in IE? And is it only happening with 3.8 RC2?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Elmer
                      • Jul 2002

Only with 3.8 rc2, after upgrading not a fresh install.. and tested without plugins, with the original style without modification and with the english language.
                      I've tested with these browsers, Mosilla firefox 3.0.5, IE 7, IE 8, Chrome, Safari...

Comment

• man1c
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Elmer
                        Only with 3.8 rc2, after upgrading not a fresh install.. and tested without plugins, with the original style without modification and with the english language.
                        I've tested with these browsers, Mosilla firefox 3.0.5, IE 7, IE 8, Chrome, Safari...

Same here

Comment

• Bounce
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                          Is this only happening in IE? And is it only happening with 3.8 RC2?

Firefox too lynne, and yes RC2

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Since this seems to be happening to a few of you (but not everyone), it is necessary to figure out exactly what all of you have in common so that the problem may be replicated and fixed. So far we know it is:

3.8 RC2
                            IE, firefox, safari, chrome, basically any browser
                            after an upgrade (not a fresh install - anyone verify a fresh install is fine?)
                            with or without plugins
                            with or without the original style

So, how about server type? And php/mysql versions? Give the developers as much information as possible so they can figure this one out.

Has anybody entered it into the Bug Tracker? Reference this thread when you do.

Comment

• sherwood
                              • May 2008
                              • 3.7.x

I to am having this problem after upgrading to RC2.

anyone got a fix yet?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...