According to "Who's Online" Google Ad Sense is trying to start a thread in the Staff

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fungsten
    • Apr 2006

According to "Who's Online" Google Ad Sense is trying to start a thread in the Staff

Forum. This is a hidden Forum BTW. I never saw that in any of the other versions of VBulletin. Is there any reason for this? I did check through other threads to see of anyone was having the same problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ads Sense in Mods Forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	3708061

TIA.
  • Freddie Bingham
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • May 2000
    • 1.1.x

I assume you have ads on the thread and so adsense knows about its existence. You can see that it just received the "No Permissions" message since the "Stop Sign" is showing.

Comment

• Fungsten
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
      I assume you have ads on the thread and so adsense knows about its existence. You can see that it just received the "No Permissions" message since the "Stop Sign" is showing.
      I know. I was just kind of concerned that it all of a sudden it showed up. So I guess I don't have anything to worry about?

Comment

• pod
        • Jun 2007

No, I don't think you have to worry. If I'm not mistaken, AdSense works something like this: you ad a javascript code to your page that tells adsense somebody is viewing that page; if adsense already knows that page, shows relevant ads to its content. If it doesn't know that page already, it retrieves it to learn its contents and give good ads. So, if a member with access to that secret forum tried to create a thread, adsense might try to retrieve it. Of course, it'll just show ads that are relevant to the error page, but meh

If you don't want it to happen, just use a different style in your private forum that doesn't have ads. But I don't think it's worth
        "War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left" Bertran Russel.

Comment

• MrNase
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.8.x

… or you could use template conditionals to stop AdSense from beeing shown on pages that don't need ads.
          That's the end of that!

Comment