How may I remove unwanted information from the Forum index page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent Fox Mulder
    • Jul 2006

How may I remove unwanted information from the Forum index page?

How may I remove the "What's going on" section of the Forum index page. I would also like to remove the "View Forum leaders" line.

The context: I am implimenting vBulletin to have private one2one "conversations" between myself and my clients on specific subjects. I am not wanting any individual client to see any information about others, including their names, threads etc. or to have redundant information (like the "What's going on" link) that would be relevant in community discussion based forums.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fox M
  • choccyclaire
    • Jan 2008

You will need to edit the FORUMHOME template.

Comment

• Agent Fox Mulder
      • Jul 2006

Thanks but what edits do I need to make? Regards, Spooky M

Originally posted by choccyclaire
      You will need to edit the FORUMHOME template.

Comment

• Infopro
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

Not sure if you're even allowed to post this here...

In your Styles and Templates find the Search in templates link. Search for What's going on. In the results you'll find the template FORUMHOME. Double click that. Now click the find button. You'll find 2 instances. From the top one to the bottom one, hilite and delete. If you make a mistake, start over with the above instuctions and this time single click the template, then look to the right to find the revert button. Click that to restore default template.

For forum leaders, you could go the same way above, search for leader, find FORUMHOME and edit as you like, or, go to vbulletin options, General Settings, Enable Forum Leaders, and select No.

HTH

Comment

• Agent Fox Mulder
          • Jul 2006

Used both strategies and they worked a treat. Many thanks. Fox M

Originally posted by Infopro
          Not sure if you're even allowed to post this here...

In your Styles and Templates find the Search in templates link. Search for What's going on. In the results you'll find the template FORUMHOME. Double click that. Now click the find button. You'll find 2 instances. From the top one to the bottom one, hilite and delete. If you make a mistake, start over with the above instuctions and this time single click the template, then look to the right to find the revert button. Click that to restore default template.

For forum leaders, you could go the same way above, search for leader, find FORUMHOME and edit as you like, or, go to vbulletin options, General Settings, Enable Forum Leaders, and select No.

HTH

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...