Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nibb
    • Apr 2008

Need help, willing to pay

I need some help to acomplish this. I have a forum in which I need to separated two types of users.

1. Users that are from my business or clients
    2. Public users that are registered public on the Internet.

The first users are automatically registered by my billing system which connects to the local database on the server and registers each client.

The type 2 are normal users that register on Vbulletin via the registration form.

I asked before if here if there was a way to make the public system register the clients on a different group and i was told that could not be done. But I have an idea. I have found out that local users registered have an internal IP like 10.0.0.1

That means there is a way to detect which users are the local ones. What I need is a way to acomplish that users that have or are registered from that IP are automaticallly assigned by to a specific usergroup. I was thinking this can be done maybe via a PHP script which runs via Cron.

Any ideas on how this would be possible? Im willing to pay for this. Its really important to me to separated users because they will have access to different ares which are not supposed to be mixed out. Has someone had this kind of dilemma before?
  • nibb
    • Apr 2008

There is a mod already I found that does something similar. But instead of IP move it does users based on inactivity.

It could be modified to suit my needs. The mod is this:

Comment

• Dilly
      • Mar 2005

You should be asking this on vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...