Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VengeanceIsMine
    • Nov 2008

Deleting vbulletin

I am requesting a refund and I was asked via email to go in and delete all copies. Could you tell me how to do this?
  • choccyclaire
    • Jan 2008

Just go to your server and delete your forum folder and the corresponding database.

Comment

• VengeanceIsMine
      • Nov 2008

Thank you!

Angela

Comment

• VengeanceIsMine
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by choccyclaire
        Just go to your server and delete your forum folder and the corresponding database.
        I went to admin control panel and couldn't see a delete option. I don't understand how to do this. By server, are you referring to my host? Help?

Thanks,

Angela

Comment

• choccyclaire
          • Jan 2008

Yes your host. How did you upload vb to start with?

Comment

• VengeanceIsMine
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by choccyclaire
            Yes your host. How did you upload vb to start with?
            Chalz uploaded it for me. I'm not able to understand the whole system. I will see about deleting my host and that should take care of the problem, right? I'm waiting for feedback regarding my request for a refund.

Regards,

Angela

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Just tell you host your not sure how to do it yourself, but it's ok for them to go ahead and do it for you before closing your account. As long as you give them written permission in an email, they shouldn't have any problem with it.

Comment

• VengeanceIsMine
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MRGTB
                Just tell you host your not sure how to do it yourself, but it's ok for them to go ahead and do it for you before closing your account. As long as you give them written permission in an email, they shouldn't have any problem with it.
                Unfortunately, no one from www.justhost.com has replied to my request for a refund. I have to wait for that as the vbulletin staff will not go into my account and just delete the forum. I'm so frustrated!

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

In that case, you can use your FTP program to loggon to your host account and delete all the forum files that way, instead of using the cPanel tools.

That would just leave your database, from your cpanel. Choose "MySQL Databases" (were you create a new database) and you will see both database and username listed. With options to delete them both

Comment

• VengeanceIsMine
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MRGTB
                    In that case, you can use your FTP program to loggon to your host account and delete all the forum files that way, instead of using the cPanel tools.

That would just leave your database, from your cpanel. Choose "MySQL Databases" (were you create a new database) and you will see both database and username listed. With options to delete them both
                    Ok, I deleted the databases through cpanel as I couldn't log on with the FTP for some reason. Here is the site address: www.number1horror.com <private info removed>
                    Will you check to see if I did it right?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...