Moderated social groups permission problem.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesAB
    • Mar 2004

Moderated social groups permission problem.

I'm testing 3.8.0 beta2 and I'm having trouble with Moderated social groups.

A registered user can create a social group and select Moderated as the "Group Type".

When another registered user joins the group, they see this message:

Please Note: This is a moderated group, your membership will need to be approved.
    After they join and before their membership is approved, they do not show up on the member list for that social group.

However, they can still post new discussions and reply to other discussions without any moderation even though their membership in that social group has not been approved yet.

I checked the registered user usergroup permissions.
    Can Always Post Messages is set to "no".
    Can Always Create Discussions is set to "no".

What other setting in the AdminCP would effect this? What should I look for?

Thanks,
    James
    If you read it online, it must be true.
  • jilly
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.7.x

I am having a similar problem. My social groups are not going by the proper permissions either. Members who are not memebrs of a moderated, or invite only group are still able to see the messages in those groups, AND post in those groups, even though all usergroups have the same buttons set to 'no' that JamesAB has.

Comment

• JamesAB
      • Mar 2004

I'm attaching screenshots from the AdminCP.

This seems to be a bug.

I'll report it now too.

Thanks,
      James
      Attached Files
      If you read it online, it must be true.

Comment

• Covert-OPs_
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by JamesAB
        I'm attaching screenshots from the AdminCP.

This seems to be a bug.

I'll report it now too.

Thanks,
        James
        I really hope they fix this, I want to make sure that the invite only groups are private even from people that have tried to join the group until their application is approved. This is a huge reason why I want to upgrade to this version, our Social groups have been dead until now.

Comment

• jilly
          • Apr 2001
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Covert-OPs_
          I really hope they fix this, I want to make sure that the invite only groups are private even from people that have tried to join the group until their application is approved. This is a huge reason why I want to upgrade to this version, our Social groups have been dead until now.
          Mine too. People had to go in and delete a whole bunch of stuff they had intended to be private, and now everyone is afraid to use them until the privacy issue is fixed.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

This should be fixed in beta 3 released today.

I recommend testing this on a development installation before informing your users that it is indeed fixed to limit the amount of private data they post.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jilly
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              This should be fixed in beta 3 released today.

I recommend testing this on a development installation before informing your users that it is indeed fixed to limit the amount of private data they post.
              Thanks Wayne! Vbulletin is so great, I sometimes forget what "beta" means - - I will let them know to remember we are testing the new functions and dont take them as an absolute yet

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...