X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HungLikeaBull
    • Mar 2005

Ip banning problem and usertitle problem

Hi,

I have 2 annoying little problems i can't get fixed.

1: I have banned several people by IP. Every now and then i get an email from a new user who can't post because their ip is banned. When i look it up their ip is nowhere to be found in the banned ip list. I actually had 3 mails like that just this past week.

2: In the censored word list i had the word Admin to prevent people use it as their usertitle. Later i added forced usertitles...you know per post count..so new users got the title Admin's Slave. This showed up as *****'s Slave. So i deleted the word admin from the censored words list and rebuilt the usertitles but no matter what i do the ***** won't go away

I'm problably forgetting something small. I hope someone can help. Cheers.
  • King Kovifor
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by HungLikeaBull
    Hi,

1: I have banned several people by IP. Every now and then i get an email from a new user who can't post because their ip is banned. When i look it up their ip is nowhere to be found in the banned ip list. I actually had 3 mails like that just this past week.

2: In the censored word list i had the word Admin to prevent people use it as their usertitle. Later i added forced usertitles...you know per post count..so new users got the title Admin's Slave. This showed up as *****'s Slave. So i deleted the word admin from the censored words list and rebuilt the usertitles but no matter what i do the ***** won't go away

I'm problably forgetting something small. I hope someone can help. Cheers.
    2: that's because it saves it as '*****'s Slave' in the database. Manually change it.

Comment

• sherwood
      • May 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by HungLikeaBull
      Hi,

Have you checked your htaccess page to make sure the ip's arn't banned?

Comment

• Dilly
        • Mar 2005

Can you copy and paste your IP ban list here? I'd say you've inadvertently truncated the IP addresses.

Comment

• vbplusme
          • Sep 2008
          • 3.7.x

They might be AOL users or coming in from a community site that uses the same access IP addresses. Need to do a whois on the IP addresses to be sure. Whois will at least tell you the name of the ISP / Provider and you can go from there.

HTH,

vbplusme

Comment

• HungLikeaBull
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by King Kovifor
            2: that's because it saves it as '*****'s Slave' in the database. Manually change it.
            I need to manually change it for every user? No other way possible?

Comment

• HungLikeaBull
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sherwood
              Have you checked your htaccess page to make sure the ip's arn't banned?
              Yes i did.

Originally posted by Dilly
              Can you copy and paste your IP ban list here? I'd say you've inadvertently truncated the IP addresses.
              You mean like 23.54.*.* ?
              I checked for those and none were the same as the ip's of the people who complained.

Originally posted by vbplusme
              They might be AOL users or coming in from a community site that uses the same access IP addresses. Need to do a whois on the IP addresses to be sure. Whois will at least tell you the name of the ISP / Provider and you can go from there.

HTH,

vbplusme
              Well, like i said the ip's of the people who can't access my forum are different than the ones i have blacklisted.

Comment

• Dilly
                • Mar 2005

You mean like 23.54.*.* ?
                No, I mean like 23.54

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...