X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daamyour
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.7.x

Confirmation putting members into COPPA

I don't know how this happened but when a new member confirms the confirmation email, they are suddenly being put into the COPPA usergroup. What could be causing this? Please help?
  • DelphiVillage
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by daamyour
    I don't know how this happened but when a new member confirms the confirmation email, they are suddenly being put into the COPPA usergroup. What could be causing this? Please help?
    it should be the other away around when a new user registers (and you have email activation enabled) they are put into "awaiting email confirmation" when they successfully do that it should become registerd users.The only way this could happen is that you installed a custom addon / hack / plugin open /includes/config.php and after the "<?php"

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS',1); 
    now signup yourself to test it .... still have the same problem ?

Comment

• daamyour
      • Jun 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by DelphiVillage
      Originally posted by daamyour
      it should be the other away around when a new user registers (and you have email activation enabled) they are put into "awaiting email confirmation" when they successfully do that it should become registerd users.The only way this could happen is that you installed a custom addon / hack / plugin open /includes/config.php and after the "<?php"

PHP Code:
      define('DISABLE_HOOKS',1); 
      now signup yourself to test it .... still have the same problem ?
      The only installs I do are directly from vBulletin updates. The only change I made since before this happened was the Human Verification from the image setting to the question setting. What am I to do with that php code? I'm not so php savvy.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Are you moderating new memberS?

Comment

• daamyour
          • Jun 2008
          • 3.7.x

Sorry for my delay in answering. I don't believe I set anything up for moderation other than requiring an answer to a question and email confirmation. Where do I find this out?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

You check that here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• daamyour
              • Jun 2008
              • 3.7.x

Sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy lately. Thanks to all that replied. Seems somehow, not reading or realizing what moderating members does, one of my co-admins set it in play. I've returned it to no and new members now join the fold once they confirm the email.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...