• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaelon
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.6.x

Thread Prefix Handling

Hi there,

Installed vBulletin 3.8.0 Beta 1, and it was smooth and swift. However, I noticed that vBadvanced CMPS is no longer pulling thread prefixes. I clearly don't expect Jelsoft to assist with third-party software. However, since I'm trying to troubleshoot it, and other hacks/add-ons that rely upon thread prefixes, was there any change to how thread prefixes are handled internally by vBulletin?

Thanks!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

This is a support question for the vBA team. They should update it to be compliant.

Comment

• Kaelon
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Floris
      This is a support question for the vBA team. They should update it to be compliant.
      Thanks, Floris. I also design add-ons as well, so would appreciate some guidance.

I usually run queries to select thread.prefixid - is this still the right query to make to choose the prefixid for a specific thread?

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Sorry 3.8 is in beta and we do not provide support for our beta releases.
        Anything can change during this development period, once the final product is out we can confirm this for you. If it stopped working it's likely that it has changed. You could compare source code between 3.7 and 3.8.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Its most likely the new permissions on prefixes that is causing the problem and vBAdvanced would have to update to support that. In 3.7.X prefixes are available to everyone.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kaelon
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Its most likely the new permissions on prefixes that is causing the problem and vBAdvanced would have to update to support that. In 3.7.X prefixes are available to everyone.
            Interesting! Thanks, I'll let them know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...