Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Prefix Handling

Hi there,

Installed vBulletin 3.8.0 Beta 1, and it was smooth and swift. However, I noticed that vBadvanced CMPS is no longer pulling thread prefixes. I clearly don't expect Jelsoft to assist with third-party software. However, since I'm trying to troubleshoot it, and other hacks/add-ons that rely upon thread prefixes, was there any change to how thread prefixes are handled internally by vBulletin?

Thanks!

This is a support question for the vBA team. They should update it to be compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      This is a support question for the vBA team. They should update it to be compliant.
      Thanks, Floris. I also design add-ons as well, so would appreciate some guidance.

I usually run queries to select thread.prefixid - is this still the right query to make to choose the prefixid for a specific thread?

Comment

Sorry 3.8 is in beta and we do not provide support for our beta releases.
        Anything can change during this development period, once the final product is out we can confirm this for you. If it stopped working it's likely that it has changed. You could compare source code between 3.7 and 3.8.

Comment

Its most likely the new permissions on prefixes that is causing the problem and vBAdvanced would have to update to support that. In 3.7.X prefixes are available to everyone.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Its most likely the new permissions on prefixes that is causing the problem and vBAdvanced would have to update to support that. In 3.7.X prefixes are available to everyone.
            Interesting! Thanks, I'll let them know.

Comment

Working...
            X