What versions of VBulletin support php 7.2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

What versions of VBulletin support php 7.2?

I presently have a forum running 3.7.3. My service provider (web hosting) is forcing everyone to upgrade to php 7.2 soon.

What are my options for upgrading this forum to something that will support php 7.2?

I don't mind paying for a new license or upgrade; I just want to know what is the path of least resistance... Thanks.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

vBulletin 5 is your only option.

Comment

• StephenKay
      • Apr 2003

Are there any good threads/instructions for upgrading from 3.7.3 to vB 5? I'm having difficulty searching and locating anything.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by StephenKay
        Are there any good threads/instructions for upgrading from 3.7.3 to vB 5? I'm having difficulty searching and locating anything.
        I would do the following:

Backup your current database.

Upgrade to vBulletin 3.8.8

Backup that database.

Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.5

Backup that database.

Upgrade to vBulletin 5.5.1

You need to delete ALL of the existing vBulletin files except your attachments and any custom images before upgrading from vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 5. I would highly recommend backing those up to a different location before you upgrade.

If there is anything I am forgetting I am sure one of the staff will read this and add what is necessary.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You should uninstall your vBulletin 3 addons before upgrading. If they have made changes to the database, these can cause conflicts during the upgrade process as we rebuild the database to work with vBulletin 5.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• StephenKay
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by In Omnibus

I would do the following:

Backup your current database.

Upgrade to vBulletin 3.8.8.....
            When I go to the member's area, the latest version of 3.8.x that can be downloaded is 3.8.5. Even though the notes there talk about 3.8.9, 3.8.10, 3.8.11...

Even when you select "more download options" 3.8.5 is the highest version. Is this correct?

Edit: is it because my vb 3 License is inactive? I can only download up to 3.8.5?

I have a vb 5 License for another site, and when I click on Download vb 3 under that, it does give me access to the higher versions up to 3.8.11...

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by StephenKay

When I go to the member's area, the latest version of 3.8.x that can be downloaded is 3.8.5. Even though the notes there talk about 3.8.9, 3.8.10, 3.8.11...

Even when you select "more download options" 3.8.5 is the highest version. Is this correct?

Edit: is it because my vb 3 License is inactive? I can only download up to 3.8.5?

I have a vb 5 License for another site, and when I click on Download vb 3 under that, it does give me access to the higher versions up to 3.8.11...
              Old style vB3 licenses only ever gace acess to versions current at the time of the license.
              To get more recent versions, you would need to upgrade the license to one of the newer type. The cheapest way to do this if you only want vB3 or vB4, is to purchase the vB4 license upgrade which is $149.

The newer vB4 and vB5 licenses are 'lifetime of the product' licenses, meaning you get updates for the lifetime of that branch of the product. vB3 licenses didn't work like that and required annual renewals. Those renewals are no longer available as the licenses are obsolete and no longer sold, so upgrading to the newer licenses is the only way forward.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment