X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Lloyd
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.7.x

Patching 3.8.7 PL1 to 3.8.7 PL6 question

Hi all, firstly no groans please because I am so late in patching up , I have uploaded all the patches with overwrite apart from the ones in the install folder, I am unable to do that as I don't have an install folder, do I need the 3 xml's installed if so how do I go about it?

Kind regards,
    Simon
    Kind regards,
    Simon
    Microsoft Office Discussion
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Some of the patches between 1 and 6 may require you to run the upgrade.php script. You should upload the entire install folder from your 3.8.7 download package and then upload the files from your patch download. Once that is done run upgrade.php.

Ultimately, you should plan on a full upgrade to 3.8.11.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.7.x

Thanks Wayne, I'm guessing that I couldn't skip straight from PL1 to PL6 then? doing a full upgrade will be a massive headache as I have a few core files that have been modified to allow some modifications to work and I can't go to 3.8.11 as my license only allows up to 3.8.7 PL6
      Kind regards,
      Simon

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
        • Apr 2008
        • 3.7.x

Ok guess I was tired and didn't read your post fully, I have done that but am now getting a lot of these
        Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/MySite/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 55
        Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/MySite/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Server Info:
        PHP Version 5.3.27
        MySQL Version 5.5.57-cll
        Last edited by Simon Lloyd; Tue 22 Aug '17, 8:52pm.
        Kind regards,
        Simon

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Those issues would be fixed in later versions of vBulletin. 3.8.7 should run on the version of PHP that you have. Turn off Display Errors within PHP for general use and these will disappear. They are only warnings that the code won't necessarily work in future versions of vBulletin.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
            • Apr 2008
            • 3.7.x

Wayne, thanks for your support, I have turned the errors off in PHP and it's all good, no PHP or MySQL errors
            Kind regards,
            Simon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...