X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZySurge
    • Mar 2015
    • 3.8.x

After move to new server, reporting wrong version

I just did a test migration of my board to a new server. The old server is running vBulletin 3.8.0 Beta 3, and the server itself is read-only to me, so I cannot do any upgrades before the migration.

On the new server, I did a fresh install of XAMPP and 3.8.3, which is the latest my current license allows. I then imported my database, and the board works. However, both the main board and the control panel report that it's running 3.8.0 Beta 3.

Is there a way to update that and let it know what version it is actually on, or do I need to go back and install 3.8.0 before importing my DB? In the download area, there is a 3.8.0, but I don't think it's a Beta version like I have. Note that when I called vBulletin for help with my license, they advised me I could move directly to 3.8.3. Was this incorrect?

Thanks in advance.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

You can't import a 3.8.0 database into a 3.8.3 forum, you need to use the 3.8.0 files then import the 3.8.0 database.

Then you can overwrite with 3.8.3 files and run the upgrade script.

Comment

• ZySurge
      • Mar 2015
      • 3.8.x

Thanks. Looks like I need to go back to square 1. Yay.

The download I have access to is 3.8.0. Does it matter that it doesn't say Beta like what is on the old server?

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ZySurge

The download I have access to is 3.8.0. Does it matter that it doesn't say Beta like what is on the old server?
        Shouldn't matter if you are upgrading to 3.8.3

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

If you upload files (3.8.3) that are a different version than you database(3.8.0), then you need to run the upgrade.php script to bring the database version up to the file version (3.8.3).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...