Urgent: Site is down :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Site is down :(

Something strange is going on. I have turned my board off, uploaded the latest files to upgrade to 3.8.7 Patch Level 3 and followed the instructions exactly. Now I get this:

"Your vBulletin version does not appear to match with the version for which this script was created (version 3.0.1).

Please ensure that you are attempting to run the correct script.

If you are sure this is the script you would like to run, click here."

Why is that? Can you help? My board is down so this is urgent.

Thanks,

Jon

I'd download and upload the files again, try to run the upgrade again.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I did. Same issue. Could a mod have altered the tables and so confused the upgrade script?

Comment

The upgrade didn't complete, did you disable your plugins before updating.
        Did you double check and make sure you uploaded all the new files.

Comment

Not unless you gave someone else root database access through MYSQL or phpmyadmin or similar.

From which version are you attempting to upgrade to version 3.8.7 PL3?

Comment

From memory, it might be 3.8.5. I uploaded all the files and it didn't work. Then my host did the same with the same issue. They get this error:

Invalid SQL:
            ALTER TABLE usergroupleader ADD index ugl (userid, usergroupid);

MySQL Error : Duplicate key name 'ugl'
            Error Number : 1061

Comment

Originally posted by Jon12345 View Post
              From memory, it might be 3.8.5. I uploaded all the files and it didn't work. Then my host did the same with the same issue. They get this error:

Invalid SQL:
              ALTER TABLE usergroupleader ADD index ugl (userid, usergroupid);

MySQL Error : Duplicate key name 'ugl'
              Error Number : 1061
              you may check this thread out..

what the heck... vbulletin removed the URL from my post..!!!
              Code:
              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/109219-Upgrade-Problem-ın-step-Step-1)-Miscellaneous-table-alterations-1-4-(Step-1-of-9)
              well that's ridiculous..
              https://www. vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/109219-Upgrade-Problem-ın-step-Step-1)-Miscellaneous-table-alterations-1-4-(Step-1-of-9)

Also "did you disable your plugins before updating."

Comment

I am not sure if my host did or not. They are urljet so presumably know what they are doing.

Comment

I am not sure if my host did or not. They are urljet so presumably know what they are doing.
                  I doubt your host did anything
                  It sounds like a user error TBH
                  Did you disable plugins before upgrading?
                  Do you have a backup, have you tried restoring?
                  Have you checked out the link I posted, have you done a search for your errors?

Regards
                  -Brandon

Comment

I mean my host tried the upgrade themselves and got the same error.

I ran the upgrade.php script but I didn't proceed because I saw the error. I didn't disable plugins and I don't know if my host did. They are restoring from a backup now.

Yes, I checked the link thanks. My host said that, "removing data from the db is always risky as it can be linked in several places and removal can lead to all sorts of issues".

Comment

I mean my host tried the upgrade themselves and got the same error.

I ran the upgrade.php script but I didn't proceed because I saw the error. I didn't disable plugins and I don't know if my host did. They are restoring from a backup now.

Yes, I checked the link thanks. My host said that, "removing data from the db is always risky as it can be linked in several places and removal can lead to all sorts of issues".
                      After your backup is restored, I'd globally disable your plugins before running the upgrade again.

Comment

Yup. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins

It's a board saver.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X