X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamma
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin 3.8.4

I need to upgrade one of my vB's to 3.8.4. The members area only goes as high as 3.8.2 and the various security patches. How do I obtain 3.8.4?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hamma
    I need to upgrade one of my vB's to 3.8.4. The members area only goes as high as 3.8.2 and the various security patches. How do I obtain 3.8.4?
    By buying vB5 you will be able to download vB 3.8.4

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Hamma
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.6.x

That's pretty ridiculous they make you pay for vBloat 5 in order to use 3.8.

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

3.8.4 was released before 4.0, and before the licensing changes that came in at that point. You can hardly complain about the latest changes, when you had the ability to upgrade (3ish years ago) before the previous lot.

What's that saying? He who hesitates is lost?
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

You could have purchased vB4 in the pre-sale. You could have purchased a cheaper vB4 upgrade a few months ago, you could have chosen to purchase the maintenance package a a while ago, or you can option now to upgrade to vb5.

We've given plenty chances to upgrade/get access to newer versions of the software. You did not opt to take any of them, I'm sorry but I don't see how that is our fault.

Comment

• Action_N
            • Jan 2002

Ok this answered my question I think. I didn't have a reason to buy an upgrade before as my 3.8.2 was working fine. Today discovered my website hacked, reinstalled vb an thought I'd look for a security patch an found patches for other versions but mine. Are you telling me becuase my forum was hacked after your "sale" I have to spend $200 or find different software? So far my new install has 3 spam users within an hour, is there a page or thread to tell me why VB5 is worth the upgrade?

Comment

• Amaury
              • Mar 2012
              • 4.2.X

vBulletin 3.8.7 Patch Level 3 is the securest in the vBulletin 3 series.
              Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Action_N
                • Jan 2002

Thanks, but does it patch a 3.8.2 version or is it only gonna patch a 3.8.7?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

We're only patching 3.8.7, as per the patching guidelines we've had in place since the 3.x series started.

Comment

• Paul M
                    Former Lead Developer
                    vB.Com & vB.Org
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Action_N
                    is there a page or thread to tell me why VB5 is worth the upgrade?
                    Upgrading to a vB5 licence does not mean you have to actually run vB5, you will have access to any previous version, meaning you could download and upgrade to 3.8.7 is you prefer.
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...