Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frank47
    • Jun 2003

Unable to get past Enter Install System on new install

Doing a new install of vbulletin_3-8-7_Patch_Level_3 on the same server. Ignoring the errors (Non-static method vBulletinHook::init() should not be called statically...), I cannor get past the Enter Install System. I enter my Customer number, hit "Enter Install System" and I get:

Customer number entered successfully .... Redirecting

and it just brings me back to the Enter Customer Number screen ????

I have thsi eaxct version running on the server. Am just changing urls and am reinstalling. Any ideas?
  • wda2015
    • May 2001

Edit all and I mean ALL the files and change every instance of =& to just = and save them, then upload them it will work.
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You'll need to install 3.8.8 on that server. You're using a version of PHP that 3.8.7 does not support.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• frank47
        • Jun 2003

Unfortunately don't have access to 3.8.8 - vb only gives me access to 3-8-7_Patch_Level_3. The interesting thing is that I have 3-8-7_Patch_Level_3 installed 3x on the server without incident. It is just the install that is failing.

Not worried about it now as I bought the bullet and bought 5.0 for this one site, although I am confused with the install as 5.0 comes with 4.x and 5.0 has few files. Haven't tried to install yet, but confusing when you get 4.x and 5.x at the same time... lol

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

If you bought 5, you can download 3.8.8 if you wish as well.

You would only download the version you're going to use though. If you're going to use 5, then you download 5.0.5 and install it. The vBulletin 5 version has every file it needs to operate properly.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...