X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZG
    • Jan 2011
    • 3.8.x

vbulletin upgrade issue from 3.7.2 to 3.8.7pl2... help needed urgently

i have download the latest vbulletin 3.8.7 patch level 2 from members.vbulletin.com, i have upload all the files via ftp. When i go to the upgrade page i got this error:
    Code:
    Your vBulletin (3.7.2) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.8.7).

This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.

If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.
    and when i try to continue, all things go right but when i finished. I see the forum showing 3.7.2 version but the admincp shows 3.8.7 patch level 2. Please help me out...My forum is closed now.. It is a big forum. I need to upgrade it to latest Vbulletin 4.x version asap.......
  • Hawk2
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

make sure you are installing them into the right folder

Comment

• AZG
      • Jan 2011
      • 3.8.x

dear hawk2! i have upload the files to the right folder, I recheck it for 3 times..

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The site listed for your license is already running 4.1.4. Which site are you referring to?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• AZG
          • Jan 2011
          • 3.8.x

dear steve! i have solve the issue myself. And tonight i have upgraded the forum to the latest vbulletin 4.1.4...

Comment

• AZG
            • Jan 2011
            • 3.8.x

dear steve! thanx for the assistance. but! i have another issue, upgrade to the latest version go excellent. But i am not able to see old messages in the inbox and and sent folder. Can you please help me out. See the attached image for reference....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pm.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	3682873

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...