Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • watty005
    • Jun 2010

Problems installing Vbulletin 3.8.7

Hi, Recently I decided to reinstall and wipe my entire Public_html folder and start fresh on my website because the previous site was going no where.
    Anyway when I tried to install a fresh new copy of vb3.8.7 (mysite.com/install/install.php, pluse uploading the new config file) It doesnt even load it just shows a white screen.
    (Before the white screen was showing it showed a 404 errorr and saying vbseo.php was not found, I was think why is it asking for this? So i uploaded my vbseo.php file to the public_html then the white screen showed, when trying another install)

Can anyone help me please?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by watty005
    Hi, Recently I decided to reinstall and wipe my entire Public_html folder and start fresh on my website because the previous site was going no where.
    Anyway when I tried to install a fresh new copy of vb3.8.7 (mysite.com/install/install.php, pluse uploading the new config file) It doesnt even load it just shows a white screen.
    (Before the white screen was showing it showed a 404 errorr and saying vbseo.php was not found, I was think why is it asking for this? So i uploaded my vbseo.php file to the public_html then the white screen showed, when trying another install)

Can anyone help me please?
    vbseo.php belongs to another product.
    Most probably you did not wipe your "entire Public_html folder",seems install.php trying to install vbseo instead of vbulletin.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

I've answered your ticket
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Problem was a vBSEO .htaccess file that was still present. If using cPanel, .htaccess files can be easily missed if you don't explicitly say to show hidden files (also a problem in some FTP software)
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment