X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Lester
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

Updating from 3.6.8 to 3.8.5 question

Which tables do I need to export from 3.6.8 into a clean 3.8.5 in order to retain all of my users, usergropus, and permissions? I don't need the posts or pms or anything like that. The old forums will be archived, but I want the new forums to be populated with the right stuff so my members don't have to re-register. Once I get this working I plan on updating the new clean forums to 4.1.4 (or whatever one I have sitting on the cd ).

This is all being done on my comp using WAMP (fully up to date).

I have been trying to get this right all day and when I log in, I don't have admin rights, nor do any of the other admins (I'm loging in with their accounts). Here is a list of tables that I've played with;

access
    users
    userban
    usergroup
    usergroupleader
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You need to actually run the upgrade.php script on the database in order to upgrade it - you don't import a bunch of tables. The tables may be changed in someway between those versions and so you can't just import them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• John Lester
      • Jul 2000
      • 4.1.x

Yes I know the procedure, I just think I am missing a table and can't put my finger on it. I want the new forums to be populated with the right stuff so my members don't have to re-register, and my admins and mods retain their permissions.
      BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

sigpic

Comment

• John Lester
        • Jul 2000
        • 4.1.x

Never mind I'll do it the traditional way.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...