X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetGamer.com
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.5.x

Error after upgrading to PHP 5.3.6

I upgraded my server to PHP 5.3.6 and now both instances of vBulletin (I'm running vB 3.8) return the following errors:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 105

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 113

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 128

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 136

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 205

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 383

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/getgamer/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2529

Is there a known issue running PHP 5.3.6 and vBulletin 3.8?
    BigBlueBall for everything about instant messaging
    GetGamer to get gamer news, reviews and gear
  • Hawk2
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

upload them two files

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You would be best off upgrading to 3.8.6/7 as they should have fixes for php 5.3.6.

Comment

• GetGamer.com
        • Jun 2004
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Zachery
        You would be best off upgrading to 3.8.6/7 as they should have fixes for php 5.3.6.
        Thanks, Zachery. I'll get on that.
        BigBlueBall for everything about instant messaging
        GetGamer to get gamer news, reviews and gear

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...