X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsomnia
    • May 2011
    • 3.8.x

Database Error when uploading via FTP

I am getting a database error when uploading the upload folder. I did edit the config folder and changed it from.new to .php

Code:
     Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the sportsomnia.com home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    The sportsomnia.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    I contacted my host and they said it was not a server.hosting issue, it had to the be the files I was uploading. I use the right password. They told me to keep "root" and "localhost" in there, I tried with the database name as well and got the same database error. I am confused as to why this is happening. I have done this a couple other times but never had this issue. I tried putting it in both my database and the root/html area of my FTP but both came up with database errors.

I am basically switching hosts, I downloaded a database backup from that other site, is there any way to avoid uploading VB again and just using that backup? If there is, I think that would be much easier but I am doubting that's possible. I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you right click and view the source of the page, the actual error is at the bottom of the source code - please copy and paste that in here.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• sportsomnia
      • May 2011
      • 3.8.x

Oh ok thank you.

Code:
      Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

/home/content/78/7933578/html/sportsomnia/includes/class_core.php on line 311
      That's it right?

Comment

• sportsomnia
        • May 2011
        • 3.8.x

If it helps, I am using GoDaddy for hosting. Not because I chose it, because I am not a fan due to previous experiences but my guys love it so they bought it.

I even called customer support because I couldnt find anything about the server name and the things you must edit in config.php. They told me to keep localhost and root as the defaults but it isnt working, and I am not sure if that is even the problem.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by sportsomnia
          If it helps, I am using GoDaddy for hosting. Not because I chose it, because I am not a fan due to previous experiences but my guys love it so they bought it.

I even called customer support because I couldnt find anything about the server name and the things you must edit in config.php. They told me to keep localhost and root as the defaults but it isnt working, and I am not sure if that is even the problem.
          root ?? i knew GoDaddy whas stupid but this says everything lol your username and password is known by the one who created the database and the username most certainly is NOT root
          Last edited by DelphiVillage; Sat 28 May '11, 11:56am.

Comment

• sportsomnia
            • May 2011
            • 3.8.x

lol yeah I figured as much so I called back and I got the correct database name, correct server name finally and the correct username and password. Something is still not working though.

Code:
            <!--

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
               FROM datastore
               WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','attachmentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','products','pluginlist','cron','profilefield','loadcache','noticecache','userstats','birthdaycache','maxloggedin','iconcache','eventcache','mailqueue');

MySQL Error   : Table 'sportsomnia.datastore' doesn't exist
            Error Number  : 1146

-->
            I must be doing something wrong, I've never had so many issues before.

Comment

• sportsomnia
              • May 2011
              • 3.8.x

I got it fixed, you can go ahead and close the thread. Godaddy was giving me the wrong info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...