X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moparsha
    • Apr 2011
    • 3.8.x

Upgrade Problem - mysql_init ?

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.8.7 right now.
    When I Upload the new version and try to run:

xxxxxx.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, xxxxxx.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I get an error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysqli_init() in /hermes/web04/b1765/as.moparsha/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1128

BELOW is LINE 1128 in the class_core.php file.
    function db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect, $configfile = '', $charset = '')
    {
    if (function_exists('catch_db_error'))
    {
    set_error_handler('catch_db_error');
    }
    1128-> $link = mysqli_init();
    # Set Options Connection Options
    if (!empty($configfile))
    {
    mysqli_options($link, MYSQLI_READ_DEFAULT_FILE, $configfile);
    }

Any ideas?

Mahalo
    Tommy - MoparsHawaii
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

In your config.php file find:
    PHP Code:
    $config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysqli'
    Change it to
    PHP Code:

$config
    ['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql'

Comment

• moparsha
      • Apr 2011
      • 3.8.x

mysql / mysqli

Hi Zachery

When i try Mysql in the config file...
      I receive this message to my listed e-mail about 10-15 times / minute (below)
      There's also a SQL error message on the "missing" forum webpage.

Database error in vBulletin : mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /hermes/web04/b1765/as.moparsha/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Thursday, April 21st 2011 @ 04:18:39 AM Error Date : Thursday, April 21st 2011 @ 04:18:39 AM Script : http://moparshawaii.com/forum/ Referrer : http://moparshawaii.com/forum/ IP Address : 202.108.5.35 Username : Classname : vb_database MySQL Version :

----------------end e-mail-----------------

from host MySQL is an open source relational database management system that uses Structured Query Language (SQL), the most popular language for adding, accessing, and processing data in a database.

Current MySQL Version: 5.0.45
      MySQL Server Name: moparsha.accountsupportmysql.com

Total Number of Databases: 25
      Databases Available: 24
      Databases Used: 1

Mahalo
      Tommy - MoparsHawaii

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...