X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestmilan
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

Problem with Cyb Advanced Forum Statistics after the upgrade to vB 3.8.7

After the upgrade from vB 3.8.2 to vB 3.8.7 all the hacks installed on the previous version works fine except for the Cyb stats (version 5.8.1 and also tested with the AJAX version 6.6.2) -- for some reason the stats dont display the "latest posts" anymore but they do show all the other statistics.

I already PMed the original coder on the vbulletin.org site but didnt receive any response yet.

What I would like to know is if anybody else is running successfully any of these two versions mentioned above on vB 3.8.7.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    www.legaljunkies.com
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You'll need to ask about this on www.vbulletin.org.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• bestmilan
      • May 2007
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      You'll need to ask about this on www.vbulletin.org.
      I did but no help so far.

Anybody have ANY idea what could possibly changed in vB scripts between the versions 3.8.2 and 3.8.7 to prevent the "latest posts" from being displayed....??
      www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Since we do not have that modification, we would have no clue what his code looks like and be able to figure out what the problem is. The right place is to ask in the modification thread. If you can't get a response, you can always uninstall the mod.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• bestmilan
          • May 2007
          • 3.8.x

Any possible issues with this code while running vb 3.8.7...

Code:
          { 
                          $get_stats_newposts = $vbulletin->db->query_read(" 
                              SELECT thread.threadid, thread.title, thread.lastpost, thread.forumid, thread.replycount, thread.lastposter, thread.dateline, thread.views, thread.visible, thread.open, user.username, user.userid, user.usergroupid, user.displaygroupid
                              FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS thread 
                              LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user AS user ON (user.username = thread.lastposter) 
                              WHERE NOT ISNULL(thread.threadid) AND thread.visible = '1' AND thread.open!='10' $cybexclforums_lastposts $cybtopstats_timecut_lastpost 
                              ORDER BY lastpost DESC 
                              LIMIT 0, $resultsnrnp 
                          "); 
                          while ($get_new_posts = $db->fetch_array($get_stats_newposts)) 
                          { 
                              $get_new_posts[fullthreadtitle] = strip_tags($get_new_posts[title]); 
                              if ($trimthreadtitle > 0) 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[titletrimmed] = fetch_trimmed_title($get_new_posts[fullthreadtitle], $trimthreadtitle); 
                              } 
                              else 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[titletrimmed] = $get_new_posts[fullthreadtitle]; 
                              } 

if ($get_new_posts[lastpost] > $vbulletin->userinfo['lastvisit']) 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[newpost] = true; 
                              } 

$get_new_posts[fullusername] = strip_tags($get_new_posts[username]); 
                              if ($trimusername > 0) 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[username] = fetch_trimmed_title($get_new_posts[fullusername], $trimusername); 
                              } 
                              else 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[username] = $get_new_posts[fullusername]; 
                              } 
                              $get_new_posts[musername] = fetch_musername($get_new_posts); 

$get_new_posts_forumtitle = strip_tags($vbulletin->forumcache["$get_new_posts[forumid]"]['title_clean']); 
                              $get_new_posts[fullforumtitle] = strip_tags($get_new_posts_forumtitle); 
                              if ($trimforumtitles > 0) 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[forumtitle] = fetch_trimmed_title($get_new_posts[fullforumtitle], $trimforumtitles); 
                              } 
                              else 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[forumtitle] = $get_new_posts[fullforumtitle]; 
                              } 

if ($vbulletin->options['cybtopstats_bold_remove']) 
                              { 
                                  $get_new_posts[musername] = str_replace($cyb_afs_bpar, "", $get_new_posts[musername]);  
                              } 
                              $get_new_postdate = vbdate($vbulletin->options['cybtopstats_date_format'], $get_new_posts[lastpost]); 
                              $get_new_posttime = vbdate($vbulletin->options['cybtopstats_time_format'], $get_new_posts[lastpost]); 
                              eval('$cybtopstats_newposts .= "' . $vbulletin->templatecache['cyb_topstats_newposts'] . '";'); 
                          } 
                      }
          www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

You need to contact the author of that add-on for help.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bestmilan
              • May 2007
              • 3.8.x

Well I tried couple of times but the original coder (Valter/Cybernetec) is hard to reach :/

I believe this is one of the most popular add-ons for vbulletin forums. Some people offered me help on the vbulletin.org site but I couldn't easily verify who they are and give them all the login info required to check the templates, scripts, etc.

Is there any reputable company which I could contact to help me with this issue?

Thanks
              www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Sorry, we can't recommend particular developers etc.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment