Can't download 3.8.5 (or renew my 3.x licences)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by beishe8
    Trevor,I don't really understand that.
    Why is it necessary to buy support for the vB4 Classic forum version if you want to get it after one month of the purchase?
    That's the package that was put together.
    Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Wed 14 Jul '10, 2:25am.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jump
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Is the 3.8.5 upgrade have any issues, I have read that there are lots of problems in other posts.
      Skydiving Forums - http://www.skydive-info.com/skydiving
      "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up some place else." - Yogi Berra
      Home - http://www.Skydive-Info.com

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Jump
        Is the 3.8.5 upgrade have any issues, I have read that there are lots of problems in other posts.
        Are not those problems with upgrading to 4.x ?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          That's the package that was put together.

Yes.
          Can you perhaps clarify this to me what you mean with yes specifically, because I doubt 3.6 is supported for life by free support tickets, .. I just don't want't to misunderstand you.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Apologies - I misread that, post corrected...
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MarlinNut
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MarlinNut
              I'm one of those guys who got the message about the screaming deal and opted to not take it. I looked at what 4.0 appeared to offer, and decided it was best to stick with what I had in 3. I have no problem with Jelsoft charging whatever they choose for their new version of the software, but 3.8.5 is by their own admission a "maintenance release/bug fix". Microsoft and Apple charge for new revisions of their software, but not bug fixes for older versions. If Jelsoft wants to be treated like a serious provider, they ought to act like one.

If you're not going to develop a reasonable plan for those of us who chose to remain with 3.8 (and yes, I feel like we're not being served ... ), at least stop spamming my admin panel with a upgrade notice and download link ...
              Thank you to the Management for finally providing the aforementioned "reasonable plan" ... got my extension about 30 seconds after I received the notice ... :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...