X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan@swift
    • Dec 2009
    • 3.8.x

Forum is in wrong folder

Hello all, I hope that my question isn't completly out to lunch here. Basically I installed vb 3.8 today on my site. At some point during installation I screwed up and put it in the wrong area. The forum is the only thing on my site right now. Basically, I wanted to just type in my www.awesomeforum.com and the forum pop up. Instead I have to type in www.awesomeforum.com/forum If I just type in the home page, I still get the website coming soon page. Should I A. make some sort of redirect file that just zooms the user to the actual awesomeforum.com/forum page, and if this is the answer, how do I do this? Or B, is there a way to do something in the vb bulletin setup now that it's all installed and working to change it?

Please forgive my apparent ignorance on this stuff. I own an automotive performance shop, and I have for computer knowledge is the network admin stuff I did a lifetime ago in the Navy. So basically I know enough to think that I can figure stuff out, but not enough to actually make it work when it comes to websites.
    Dan
  • poolking
    • Aug 2002

Move all of the files out of the forum directory into the root directory and change the url in the site settings in the admincp.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Just log in to AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details and change the forum address in there. Then, move all the files to your root directory and you're done.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• dan@swift
        • Dec 2009
        • 3.8.x

Excellent info. I was afraid I was screwed. I also figured how to make a home page and just link the forum from there. Sorry, I'm sure these are silly basic questions. Thank-you for your patience with me!! I'm getting this going slowly but surely. I have my forums set-up, a few users set up, and the ball is rolling slowly. Now I just have a few bugs on user e-mail confirmations, then I want to start changing the design layout of it all, I'd like to go with a more customized look and away from the generic vBulletin look.
        Dan

Comment