Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trackmagic
    • Sep 2009

New installation getting error running script

I just installed the files using the manual. When running the script, here is what I'm getting. I even tried the original file, and I'm getting the same error.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/k/r/i/kristintrack/html/discover/forum/forum/includes/config.php on line 2

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/k/r/i/kristintrack/html/discover/forum/forum/includes/config.php on line 2

Any thoughts?
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

Have you edited your includes/config.php file correctly?
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• trackmagic
      • Sep 2009

Error

I edited the config.php like the manual said. I didnt do anything to the left of the = sign, but more importantly, I tried the original, unedited config.php and I still get the same error

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by trackmagic
        I edited the config.php like the manual said. I didnt do anything to the left of the = sign, but more importantly, I tried the original, unedited config.php and I still get the same error
        Download vB again and make sure that you do not edit and save config.php.new.

Edit config.php.new and SAVE AS config.php
        Be sure that you do not replace the quotes.

Upload the whole lot again to become "forum" instead of "forum/forum"
        Install it now.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• trackmagic
          • Sep 2009

forum/forum

I'm not sure what yuo meant by the last part of your post.

my directory is discover/forum. The scripts reside inside "forum" the instructions clearly say to rename upload to forum, hence the 2 forums. Am I missing something?

Comment

• HMBeaty
            • Mar 2005

trackmagic, is your config file named config.php or config.php.new? After you edited it, you should have renamed it config.php
            "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
            "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
            "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

I'm not sure what yuo meant by the last part of your post.

my directory is discover/forum. The scripts reside inside "forum" the instructions clearly say to rename upload to forum, hence the 2 forums. Am I missing something?

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/k/r/i/kristintrack/html/discover/forum/forum/includes/config.php on line 2

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/k/r/i/kristintrack/html/discover/forum/forum/includes/config.php on line 2
              Seems you uploaded "upload" into "forum",renamed upload to forum and now you have forum/forum.
              Supposed to be: discover/upload > discover/forum

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...