Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djliku
    • Jul 2009

Upgrading and Moving Servers 3.6.12 to 3.8.2

I am moving servers and upgrading. The old system is using VB 3.6.12 and MySQL 4.1.12. The new system is VB 3.8.2 and MySql 5.0.81. What steps would I take to make the upgrade and server migration? Would I upgrade the old VB to the latest version, backup the old db, then upload the db to the new server? Is there a way to just use the old db without upgrading and then uploading it to the new system? Or is the db schema from 3.6.12 to 3.8.2 too different?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Are you saying you already installed vB on the new server? You can't restore a 3.6.12 database over a 3.8.2. It makes it a 3.6.12 database with 3.8.2 schema, which means you're on 3.6.12 and cannot upgrade.

Here are our instructions for moving servers. Following these should result in the best possible move.

Comment

• djliku
      • Jul 2009

Yes the new server already has the latest version. Would the best thing be to upgrade the current server to 3.8.2 and than transfer the db?

Thanks alot for your help.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Transfer and upgrade, or upgrade and transfer. Either is fine. I prefer to transfer frist and amek sure everything is working.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...