• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ketanco2
    • Aug 2008
    • 5.2.x

How to install latest patch

I currently have version 3.7.3 PL1.

I downloaded the latest patch 3.8.3 and now going to install. I saved the files to my computer first and now I will upload them to my forum web server.

Just making sure I am right: Among the downloaded files, there is a folder called "upload". All I need to do is, to upload those files to my forum webserver, and if there is a previous version of the same file or folder, I will replace them with these right? And what about the new files (if any) in this "upload" folder? How do I know where to put those new files on my forum web server?
  • Andreas
    • Feb 2004

As always:
    1) Remove includes/config.php.new
    2) Upload all the files in upload to your webserver keeping the directory structure as is
    3) Call http://www.your.foru,.com/install/upgrade.php
    4) When finished, delete install/install.php
    Done

Keep in mind that you are overwriting existing images if you downloaded the whole package including images!

Comment

• helpmehost
      • Nov 2007

this is crazy. For every patch you want us to download the whole folders and upload them all again . Why not telling us what files we need to replace for a patch? Why do you waste people time ? You are charging us a lot of money why don't you think the client side?

Comment

• Eve_Ra
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.X

It's a thread two years old!
        For install a patch:
        First, download in the members area, section patch, the patch that corresponds to your installed vBulletin version.
        Then, upload on your server by ftp all the files of the patch in the good folders.
        That's all! no upgrade script to run.

- - - Updated - - -

And the first post of this thread don't said of a simple patch but of a new version of vB.
        Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
          • May 2002
          • 1.1.x

How to patch your site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...