X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozymandyus
    • Mar 2005
    • 4.2.X

Upgrading does not change displayed version in AdminCP

As the post title says, I've recently run an upgrade on one of my boards from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3. The process goes smoothly, all the install scripts run, at the end of the procedure I'm back in my CP as normal. However, despite having run the procedure a few times now, the version number does not change from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3 in the CP, and I'm still presented with an urgent message to upgrade.

Clearing browser cache, relogging, etc. does not seem to have any effect. Am I missing something here?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Check your FTP log to confirm you're actually overwriting the files you're uploading, and not resuming, or skipping, or erroring.

Comment

• Ozymandyus
      • Mar 2005
      • 4.2.X

There are only four XML files involved from the ZIP package I received from the members' area. All have been uploaded successfully...file sizes, dates, and permissions all check out.

Comment

• cmangum
        • Jan 2009

I'm seeing the same results myself

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

You need to upload all the files except install/install.php overwriting the files on your server. Do not rename config.php.new before uploading.

Full upgrade instructions can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

Comment

• Ozymandyus
            • Mar 2005
            • 4.2.X

Pardon me, but if the 'XML files only' upgrade option does not function correctly, why is it even an option? I'm reasonably sure that it's worked for me in the past, I think it may be an issue with the files provided for this particular upgrade.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Downloading only the XML files is not synonymous with upgrading. Upgrading vB has always required uploading all the new files for that version.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dilly
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ozymandyus
                Pardon me, but if the 'XML files only' upgrade option does not function correctly, why is it even an option? I'm reasonably sure that it's worked for me in the past, I think it may be an issue with the files provided for this particular upgrade.
                Downloading XML files only is an option because some people require it.

Nowhere does it state that downloading the XML files will constitute a full upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...