• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris gd
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

Installing vBulletin

Alright,

I've been trying to do this myself for about 4 hours now and I just give up so I've came here to see if anyone here could help me a bit, I've used the tutorial on the support panel and it still don't help me. Alright the issue is editing the fire config.php, It shows on the support panel that its suppose to be named config.php.new but It's only named config.php, not sure if thats just my files or what, now when i edit the file and save and upload all my files, i go to mysite.com/forums/install, then i tried mysite.com/forums/install/install.phpp, and it still did'nt work it showed this.

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/config.php in /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2567

Warning: include(/hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Invalid argument in /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2567

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/config.php in /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2567

Warning: include(/hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2567

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hosted/domains/j/a/jailbreakscape.net/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2567

Configuration: includes/config.php does not exist. Please fill out the data in config.php.new and rename it to config.php
    Thanks for viewing,
    Chris GD
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have an '.../includes.config.php' file? The error indicates either you don't or it's not world-readable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• wda2015
      • May 2001

wow.. luverly site that.. thanks!!..
      Attached Files
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• chris gd
        • Apr 2009
        • 3.8.x

WEBDosser, sorry about that, i was using someone elses program for the site, i took the files off and delete from my computer. Alright, i do have a config.php file i've edited many times but it still just dont work.
        Last edited by chris gd; Thu 16 Apr '09, 12:06pm.

Comment

• wda2015
          • May 2001

lol.. it's not a problem my antivirus blocked it.

Comment

• chris gd
            • Apr 2009
            • 3.8.x

Alright, do you have any idea whats wrong?

Comment

• wda2015
              • May 2001

the config.php.new needs to be config.php

try it and let me know..

wD

Comment

• chris gd
                • Apr 2009
                • 3.8.x

When i downloaded the files i went to the folder includes and all i could find was config.php not config.php.new

Comment

• wda2015
                  • May 2001

what is the url to your forum?..

Comment

• chris gd
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Comment

• chris gd
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 3.8.x

I did something to make what it had go away, not it says database error.

Comment

• wda2015
                        • May 2001

Configuration: includes/config.php does not exist. Please fill out the data in config.php.new and rename it to config.php

you need to rename the config.php.new to config.php and edit it with the database settings..

Comment

• Bounce
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by chris gd
                          When i downloaded the files i went to the folder includes and all i could find was config.php not config.php.new

post 7 still applies, or upload the config.php.new from the vb files, enter your data thats req'd and then rename

Comment

• wda2015
                            • May 2001

read PM

Comment

• Bounce
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by chris gd
                              I did something to make what it had go away, not it says database error.

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
                              xxxxxxx/class_core.php on line 311

You've entered the wrong details in config

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...