Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RHarbison
    • Mar 2002

Migration Password Problems?

OK, once I got the right database prefix, my migration seems to have worked quite well. Everything imported just fine, looks great.

Currently I'm having my admins test the new server, and two of them have reported their passwords no longer worked. One admitted that she may have not been remembering hers correctly, but the other one was pretty adamant that it was the right password.

My password worked fine, as a did most of my staff members.

Is this a known issue? Is there some kind of setting I can use on the data dump to try and prevent it when I do my final migration after testing?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Migration of what? Another BB system into vB?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• RHarbison
      • Mar 2002

Sorry, guess I wasn't specific.

I'm migrating an existing VB forum to a new server. I upgraded to 3.8.2, and then did a data dump using mysql. I used sql to import/restore the database on the new server. That worked just fine and the forum looks just like the one on the old server. Everything transferred as far as I can tell, all the messages are there, attachments etc, that's all working.

We can post, upload photos, all that works fine. The only problem noted was that a couple of the admins stated their existing passwords didn't seem to transfer over to the new server correctly. They used the reset password do get a new one and then were able to log in.

However, my password, and a couple of the other mod's passwords worked fine

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The passwords would not have changed assuming you backed up and restored the db correctly.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...