X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *LA*
    • Dec 2008

Running the script help needed PLEASE

Hi all,

I hope you can help me here and I am totally new to this so I'd really appreciate it if you could keep it simple

I am having problems running the script for the installer. When I type in the address followed by install command like in the manual I get this message:-

The requested URL /install/install.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thebaglounge.com Port 80

I believe I have changed the infomation in the config.php.new file as instructed, so any suggestions as to why I can't get this to work

TIA
    Frustrated LA

P.S I did try searching but couldn't find anything
  • Jinovich
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.5.x

Well that error is saying that it can't find the file /install/install.php I would suggest you ensure you have uploaded all the files in the upload/ directory.

Comment

• minimad
      • Jan 2009

Can you see the file from within your FTP client? If so, what's the URL?

Comment

• *LA*
        • Dec 2008

thank you your reply, I'm sorry to sound like a total idiot but I really feel like one right now lol.

I downloaded smartFTP as the manual said that's what it used for example after that I used that to upload the "upload" file and I put it in the file titled public_html is that correct? I can see it in smartFTP I can't see a URL unless that is the numbers followed by my username and file location?

I've logged into cpanel and and using the file manager I can see the files inside the public_html file

Any suggestions? Thank you for patience I know this must be a really basic problem for most of you

Comment

• *LA*
          • Dec 2008

I fixed it! I deleted files and started again reading manual carefully my mistake was when opening the config.php file I did it in notepad not wordpad everything seems to working now

Comment