Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scorpio24
    • Nov 2006

Lost drop down menus

At the moment I don't get any drop-down menus and the quick edit doesn't work either. Active X and java script issue?

Also..the menu bar has changed...when I'm a guest I get "today's posts", but when I sign in that changes to "view contact groups"......I've never seen this before.

?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Create a new style with no parent - Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style > no parent - then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• scorpio24
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by scorpio24
      At the moment I don't get any drop-down menus and the quick edit doesn't work either. Active X and java script issue?

Also..the menu bar has changed...when I'm a guest I get "today's posts", but when I sign in that changes to "view contact groups"......I've never seen this before.
      ?

Correction: "open contacts popups" is what I meant.

It apparently is only me...I am getting the same problems at vbulletin.com

"open contacts popups" is in the above menu bar for me.
      I couldn't even use the reply tools, and had to enter <b></b> manually.
      Last edited by scorpio24; Thu 13 Nov '08, 8:27am.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Try restarting your browser? Also, try doing a Force Refresh on the page (shift + refresh on a Mac, not sure on a PC).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• scorpio24
          • Nov 2006

Still no change. For instance, when I click on a username in their postbit, I don't get the dropdown with the option to "view more posts" and "send PM" etc..it just goes directly to their user profile page.
          Last edited by scorpio24; Thu 13 Nov '08, 4:20pm.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

So it's only you having the problem - no one else is having the problem on your site. And restarting your browser didn't fix it.

I don't suppose you have javascript disabled in your browser?

Comment

• scorpio24
              • Nov 2006

I might...as I cannot use the smilies either. It is limited to IE and my computer it appears.. as it works fine with google chrome browser, firefox. I have tried enabling javascript already, and then I installed IE8 hoping the default settings would be java enabled..still doesn't work with IE. How would I enable the java script? Shouldn't the default settings work? I have tried enabling (tools/internet options/) everything I can find.
              Question: How is it possible that (in IE) where the "Quick Links" link is in my menubar changes to "open contacts popups"
              (sorry...I was calling it "today's posts" by mistake)

(I'm on google chrome now)
              Last edited by scorpio24; Thu 13 Nov '08, 10:51pm.

Comment

• beishe8
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

I installed IE8 hoping the default settings would be java enabled..
                IE8 is full of bugs.
                Try IE7 instead.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• scorpio24
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by beishe8
                  IE8 is full of bugs.
                  Try IE7 instead.
                  I was on IE7...I installed IE8 hoping the default settings would undo whatever I might have done in IE7.

I might...as I cannot use the smilies either. It is limited to IE and my computer it appears.. as it works fine with google chrome browser, firefox. I have tried enabling javascript already, and then I installed IE8 hoping the default settings would be java enabled..still doesn't work with IE. How would I enable the java script? Shouldn't the default settings work? I have tried enabling (tools/internet options/) everything I can find.
                  Question: How is it possible that (in IE) where the "Quick Links" link is in my menubar changes to "open contacts popups"

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

Check you have JavaScript enabled in your browser. If it is only affecting you then it is something local to your browser.

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

If you are just installing IE8 when you already have IE7, it uses those settings you had. It isn't going to start from scratch with default settings unless you completely uninstall all versions of IE that you have and then you install IE8 completely from scratch.

If javascript is disabled, then vB shows a different menu to those users. That is why you see different things in the menu bar than you would normally see.

Comment

• scorpio24
                        • Nov 2006

Thank you..I uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled IE8 and it fixed.

Here is a link on instructions about removing IE7 from XP.

This is the method I had to use:

Step 1: Make hidden files and hidden folders visible

a. Click Start, and then click My Documents.b. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.c. Click the View tab.d. In the Advanced settings list, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
                        Back to the top
                        Step 2: Uninstall Internet Explorer 7

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Run.b. In the Open box, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then click OK.c. Follow the wizard instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
                        Last edited by scorpio24; Fri 14 Nov '08, 5:55pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...