X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaco
    • Jun 2007

error in step 2

Hello, I am getting an error in step 2:

Error description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) /home/.renelle/jchaurette/lightmypump.com/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

I believe I have carefully modified the config.php file, essentially I have used the same settings as my previous config file, I am including them both here in a zip file.

I have checked that my server database is allowing a connection from my computer from my current IP address.

Thanks for any help

Jacques
  • Jaco
    • Jun 2007

woops, that was probably a bad idea to attach my config file, I just removed it. I can transmit it in some other fashion if you require.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jaco
        • Jun 2007

Thank you for the help Steve I will check that.

Right now Vbulletin is error messages to me by e-mail at the rate of 200 per hour, is there something you can recommend?

J

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I recommend contacting your host immediately.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment