• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatportfolio3
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.2.x

Latest Post

Hi,

We have a forum member who wants the most recent posts displayed at the top down to the first post. There's two issues though.

1) When they configure it like that and then post, it changes the order back to oldest first, they have to go off the thread and come back into it for it to 'reconfigure' itself

2) When they configure it to show the most recent posts first, it does so, except the very first post (that started the thread) appears first every time, and then the most recent posts are displayed newest to oldest under that. They don't want the very first post at the top every single time.

This may just be a configuration issue (I'm not overly 'techie') or it may be a bug.

Cheers
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) This is most likely the result of inserting content into the Document Object Model (DOM). You can create a bug report it by clicking the tracker link above.

2) This is being changed in either 5.5.3 or 5.5.4. However, I suspect just as many people will be upset about the change as those who like it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      1) This is most likely the result of inserting content into the Document Object Model (DOM). You can create a bug report it by clicking the tracker link above.

2) This is being changed in either 5.5.3 or 5.5.4. However, I suspect just as many people will be upset about the change as those who like it.
      Is there a setting to keep it as is after the upgrade change?

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr

Is there a setting to keep it as is after the upgrade change?
        No. It's a straight change.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment