X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

CSS Help - Text in Comment Box

I'm trying to change the text in the Comment Field. It's the Placeholder text that says: "Type your comment here"

I want to change it to the Max number of characters we will allow in a comment. Been trying, I can find the HTML code pretty easy. But I guess I need to get the CSS path and the code needed to change the placeholder text. Maybe it's not possible, but it seems easy enough. Obviously not easy enough for me to figure out tho.

Here is the CSS I copied using Inspect on the browser, but it doesn't seem helpful.

Code:
    #thread-view-tab > div.conversation-content > ul > li:nth-child(1) > div > div.js-post__content-wrapper.l-col__flex-3.l-col__small--full.h-restore--on-preview.OLD__list-item-body-wrapper.l-column-small > div > div.b-comment-entry.js-comment-entry.h-padding-xxl.h-padding-top-xl.comment-entry-box.h-hide > textarea
    Code:
    li.b-post:nth-child(4) > div:nth-child(3) > div:nth-child(2) > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(4) > textarea:nth-child(2)
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should just change the type_your_comment_here phrase to include your new text.

Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Type in "Type your comment here" and submit the form. Edit the phrase and put the entire amount of text you want to display in the translation box.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Since Wayne answered your original question I'll add this.
      If you want to change the font size, color or family use this CSS.

#cke_1_contents .b-editor__placeholder {
      font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
      color:black !important;
      font-size:21px;
      }

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You should just change the type_your_comment_here phrase to include your new text.

Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Type in "Type your comment here" and submit the form. Edit the phrase and put the entire amount of text you want to display in the translation box.
        Omgosh... I way over thought that. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...