X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turn13
    • Apr 2003
    • 5.3.x

AdSense - Site Setup

AdSense says I need to add a site prior to placing ads, by adding some code (below) "in the HTML of your site, between the <head> and </head> tags. Place the code on every page you want to show ads. After we've run some checks, your site will be ready to show ads.".

I didn't see this step in the VB manual. Do I use Site Builder and insert their code as if it were an ad, in the Header?

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
    google_ad_client: "ca-pub-(my id number....)",
    enable_page_level_ads: true
    });
    </script>

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Turn13; Tue 26 Feb '19, 5:31pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I'd place it in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools -> Google Ownership Verification HTML tag. Set the option above it to On as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Turn13
      • Apr 2003
      • 5.3.x

Thanks Wayne. We're approved!

Comment

• Turn13
        • Apr 2003
        • 5.3.x

Just got a note from AdSense - they say I need to add a file (ads.txt) to my site to conform to a new standard:

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7532444
        Authorized Digital Sellers, or ads.txt is an IAB initiative that helps ensure that your digital ad inventory is only sold through sellers (such as AdSense) who you've identified as authorized. Creating your own ads.txt file gives you more control over who's allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.

We strongly recommend that you use an ads.txt file. It can help buyers identify counterfeit inventory and help you receive more advertiser spend that might have otherwise gone toward that counterfeit inventory.

Note: These instructions describe how to create an ads.txt file for Google publishers. Non-Google publishers should contact their SSP or exchanges. Create your own ads.txt file for AdSense

Here's how to create an ads.txt file to publicly declare that Google is authorized to sell your ad inventory:
        1. Create a text (.txt) file.
        2. Include the following line:

google.com, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Important: Make sure you replace pub-0000000000000000 with your own publisher ID.
        3. Host your ads.txt file at the root level of your domain. (for example, https://example.com/ads.txt).

Root levels are one level down from what’s listed in the public suffix list. For example, "google.co.uk" is a root domain of "co.uk" but "maps.google.co.uk" is not. See the IAB ads.txt specification.
        I created the file - but now how can I comply? Not sure what to do with the file to get it in the right location

Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

We can't support this file on Cloud. However, this file is for people that are selling advertising. Not publishers that are displaying advertising.

You should be able to create ad units on the Google site and then place the provided code within Ad Modules on your Cloud site.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Turn13
            • Apr 2003
            • 5.3.x

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

I'm getting that warning notice also.

"Earnings at risk - One or more of your sites does not have an ads.txt file. Fix this now to avoid severe impact to your revenue""

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

That will be problematic. The file has to be at https://domain.com and that isn't possible on Cloud.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  • May 2017
                  • 5.5.x

I guess vB needs to come up with some sort of work around. From what they say it will severely impact site revenues

Comment

• Scot Bell
                    • Apr 2006

Any word on the Ad.txt problem? We're hoping to continue getting revenue from the ads.
                    -Scot

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

In order for this to be looked at, someone, ideally with a cloud site, will need to create an improvement request in the tracker (link is in the navbar), explaining the issue so that the developers see it and can investigate a solution.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• pablo.carpovich
                        • Feb 2014
                        • 4.1.x

I could fix the ads.txt problem, as Google supports a single HTTP redirect to a destination outside the original root domain, I put my ads.txt file in another server and redirected the file using Cloudflare Page Rules function (I use Cloudllare as DNS) to redirect the file from my Cloud vBulletin.

The article describes ads.txt/app-ads.txt, a tool to improve transparency in programmatic advertising. It allows publishers to declare which companies are authorized to sell their ad inventory.&nbs

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

I've created a feature request to have this added. We can't upload files such as this to individual sites because all Cloud Sites use the exact same set files. That is a main component of the "Cloud" part of vBulletin Cloud. The only thing that is difficult is that NO vBulletin cloud site is at the root domain. For example the root domain for this site is vbulletin.com so having the file at forum.vbulletin.com would provide no benefit.

It may be something that will be limited to people who obtain their domain name through us while creating their Cloud Site. We may not be able to accomodate those that use domains purchased from other Registrars. Though using a workaround like above would benefit those other users.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Turn13
                            • Apr 2003
                            • 5.3.x

Please help, not sure I understand - if I have another registered domain on another server, can I place an ads.txt file there to make my Cloud site ads valid, again?

My Cloud site is trackforum.org , but I have another server at trackforum.com - do I need two files on the root of trackforum.com, with one modified in some way to serve trackforum.org ?

My apologies for any misunderstanding - I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Are they using different publisher IDs?

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment