Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mortatone
    • Feb 2019

Just started using Vb Cloud a few days ago

So far I've been able to figure out most things as the admin control is pretty intuitive. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is can I allow registered users to post tags on anyone's topics/threads? Right now only an admin or the thread starter can do it but I would like for any user to be able to add tags to any thread. Thanks for any help.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is currently an interface issue that prevents users from posting tags on topics created by others. Right now, only users able to edit the topic can add tags.

There is a bug report on this here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-10051

However, I can't promote it for escalation due to the low number of votes on it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mortatone
      • Feb 2019

Thanks. I tried to throw a vote at it but am unable.

Comment

• mortatone
        • Feb 2019

One other small detail that I can't find the answer to.... in the image properties dialogue box the default for 'retrieve file and reference it locally' is a checked box. Is there a way to make the default for that field be an unchecked box?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Not on cloud. You want it to be be added to your Cloud file system and stored locally so that it will always be there. Since your cloud site is using HTTPS, not all links to external sites will display content within posts in all browsers.

If you do want to reference an image from another site, use the [img]URL HERE[/img] format.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mortatone
            • Feb 2019

Another detail I can't seem to find a setting for.... users are getting flag report notifications so I just created a new login as a user, flagged a post with my admin account as a test, and my user login got a notification and I was able to see a list of flagged posts. Can't find any settings at all about flag reports... a little nudge in the right direction please. I would like for users to not get the notification of be able to see the list of flagged posts. Thanks

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

If the users have any of the Moderator Permissions under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions, they will be able to see Flag Reports. Remove those permissions from the user.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• mortatone
                • Feb 2019

Ah ok that did the trick. Thank you. When I changed those settings I thought I was allowing only moderators those permissions. I see the error now.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

To edit the permissions for individual moderators go to Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions.

Yes, it is a bit confusing until you learn.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment